Making an offer they cannot refuse is the ultimate selling outcome, notwithstanding the limitations of the law, and common decency.
So how do you make a Godfather offer?
- Know your customer intimately
- Know their business intimately
- Know their pain-points like they were your own
- Create an offer that removes the pain-points for them
- Make the payoff compelling
- Make the payoff unique
- Present the offer like your life depended on it, with passion, conviction, and from the receivers perspective.
- Create tension in the decision by ensuring there is a decision time after which the offer is off the table.
This works pretty much all the time.
When you are able to the identify components of a problem a potential customer has, for which you have a solution that is both valuable to them, and unique, and you clearly understand all the challenges in their situation, why would they not buy from you?